What is NM Counts 2020?
NM Counts 2020 is an outreach campaign supported by a group of New Mexico foundations to help ensure that all New Mexicans are counted in the 2020 Census, especially in the most HTC and reach communities. NM Counts 2020 has distributed funds in four grant rounds to nonprofit organizations serving immigrants, young children, and the Native American population. Our goal is to provide resources and funding to community organizations to help engage and encourage a complete count in the upcoming Census. MORE INFO»
2020 ICount New Mexico Census website - Click Here for more information
Why is the Census so important?
Filling out the Census can help bring $8,246,706 locally and $620,574,404 to the state of New Mexico. The money will help the community with improvement on roads, educational systems and much more.
What are the key dates?
- March 2020 through June 2020: Call to Action for Residents to fill out the 2020 Census
- July 2020: Deadline for responding and submitting the 2020 Census
- August 2020 through September 2020: Census offices close
- December 31, 2020: All counts are delivered to the President of the United States
Can I make a difference?
- Yes, every census filled out makes a difference in your community. You may bring additional money to the community for health care, schools, road repairs, and so much more.
- As an influential community, business, or organization leader, you can raise awareness and encourage participation.