Build A Better World!
Carnegie Public Library welcomes parents and children to the 2016 Summer Reading Program.
With your help, we can ensure that our young readers will have a safe and successful summer.
About our program:
- Children ages 2 to 12 are eligible to register.
- Registration is from April 27th to June 2nd: Forms may be picked up at the library.
- Deadline for registration is 1 p.m., June 2nd.
- Participants will receive a logbook to record the titles of books read this summer.
- We’ll meet as a group on Wednesdays at Carnegie Park at 10 am – Noon.
- Program runs from Wednesday, June 14 to Wednesday, July 19.
- We’ll be offering a variety of presentations, giveaways and crafts
- The library welcomes children of all abilities.
- Parents must accompany children to all the Wednesday gatherings.
- All participants who complete the program will receive a certificate and a book.
- Sack lunch and milk will be provided for anyone 18 years old or younger.
- On July 19, all participants who complete the program will receive a certificate and a book.
In order to keep everyone safe and our program running smoothly, please pay attention the following:
- Be aware of the heat – drink plenty of water and use our trees for shade.
- No pets allowed.
- Bring enough water and a blanket if you prefer to sit on the grass. Bleachers will be available.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult or family member over the age of 18.
- Do not leave your child unattended.
- Do not litter. Please keep the park clean.
Thanks to Southwest Capital Bank which has been the sponsor of our Summer Reading Program and thanks to The Friends of the Library for their continued support.
If you have any questions, please call 505-426-3304